Social Tourism Program
Palestine is a rich country in its cultural, religious and ancestral history. This makes tourism a vital and important sector in Palestine, with potential to catapult its economy. Taawon recognizes the importance of this sector, and is currently implementing the Social Tourism Program to provide economic aid, create new job opportunities and create sustainable businesses with a positive social impact.
The program’s uniqueness lies in following a new method for development by investing in the tourism sector through an investment fund. This method will focus more on providing empowerment and risk sharing with entrepreneurs.
Participants will be selected through a committee, where they will be granted acceleration services for 2 months in Palestine. These services will include creating business and financial plans, in addition to training on creating a service or product from an idea. After the acceleration period, participants will compete for an equity investment from Taawon.
In order for applications to be considered, please note the following:
- Minimum of 2 Palestinian founders aged more than 21 for each submission
- Must be either an idea, or early stage business focused on promoting and enhancing tourism in Palestine
- Needs to have a social impact with a sustainable business model
- Participants must be present and available for the duration of acceleration (2 months)
- Due to nature of program and its focus on tourism, priority will be given to applicants in or near tourist destinations in Palestine
Taawon is currently accepting applications for the program Apply here.