Palestinians face traumatic experiences on a daily basis. In light of occupation and dispossession. Palestinians’ local identity and heritage are also continuously under threat. Our founders instinctively knew that without preserving Palestine’s identity and cultural heritage, it would be difficult to ensure the overall survival and sustainable development of Palestine.
Ta’bir, the Culture Program focusing on drama, music, and creative writing counters the current situation by encouraging Palestinians to freely express themselves through art. The Culture Program fulfills two main objectives:
- Furthering Palestine’s indigenous culture and identity through local world-class artistic productions and,
- Offering children and youth with therapeutic mediums of artistic self-expression.
Ta’bir’s activities include:
- Supporting the creation of high quality Palestinian cultural and artistic productions
- Integrating cultural production and creativity into the educational process through:
- Training educators and students on various skills including drama, music, art, puppet-making, and photography and,
- Training educators and students on creating animations and animation movies; establishing animation studios at schools; and
- Networking between the stakeholders concerned with arts and culture and offering channels for their collaboration.
- 1 networking portal launched
- 7 animation studios established at 7 schools
- 21 teachers trained on animation development
- 73 students capable of training fellow students on animation development
- 472 students trained on animation development.
- 1 puppet-making manual published
- 70 students trained on puppet-making
- 265 students trained on multiple artistic skills
- 6 arts performances conducted by Ta’bir students