Terms of Reference
International Relations Consultant
Taawon (Welfare Association) is a leading Palestinian non-profit organization, working in Palestine and Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon. In Arabic, Taawon translates to working together to do good, an idea that lies at the core of the organization’s culture, and governs its everyday operations in development.
Taawon touches the lives of more than one million Palestinians annually. Since its establishment in 1983, Taawon invests in seven major programs: education, community development, youth and women’s empowerment, orphan support, culture, restoration of old cities, and its flagship project, The Palestinian Museum.
Taawon is seeking to hire an international relations consultant with the following
- Conduct extensive research on Institutional and individual donors relevant to Taawon’s work and programs in three areas; South America, Asia (Malaysia, and Indonesia), as well as Canada.
- Propose an action plan on how to approach these donors and engage them in Taawon’s programs, in alignment with the strategic international fundraising plan.
- Establish networks with institutional and individual donors in the targeted locations, and initiate contact in coordination with the Director General and the Unit Director of Outreach and Fundraising “Europe and USA” .
- Initiate contact with the representative offices of these countries as well as INGOs from these countries that have offices in Palestine
- Assist in identifying focal points for recruitment in specific locations identified as high potential.
- Submit at least 4 proposals to a mix of individual and international donors in the targeted locations; in compliance with the fundraising strategic plan and in coordination with Director General and the Unit Director of Outreach and Fundraising “Europe and USA”.
Location: Taawon’s HQ Office in Ramallah
Contract Type: Short Term Consultancy Contract
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Holds a master degree in Business Administration, social studies or any other relevant field
- 4 year work experience in fundraising with an organization
- Excellent research and information gathering/analysis skills
- Proven track record of fundraising and networking skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual – Arabic and English
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Good computer skills (MS office, skype,.etc).
Interested candidates should submit their CV and fill out the online application form no later than 10-4-2017.