Request for Proposals for Financial Due Diligence Services
Within Social Tourism Program
Taawon is an independent non-profit nongovernmental organization established in 1983 by a group of prominent Palestinian and Arab economic and intellectual figures, with the aim of offering developmental and humanitarian assistance to the Palestinians in the West Bank, including Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, the 1948 areas, and Palestinian communities in Lebanon.
Taawon is implementing Social Tourism Program, which is part of Taawon’s new strategy under the social investments framework. The objective of the program is to have a positive impact on the tourism sector in Palestine, through supporting the creation of new sustainable companies with a positive social impact, and new job opportunities that will have a higher impact on the Palestinian economy.
The program’s uniqueness lies in following a new method for development by investing through an investment fund, which is different than providing grants. Through this fund, Taawon will be investing in ideas or existing for-profit companies or startups in tourism sector.
In preparation for that, Taawon is requesting proposals for financial due diligence services (balance sheets, incomes statements, cash flow statements, etc), and valuation of companies. Taawon will use these services to verify the financial standing, and determine how much these companies are worth at investment stage.
Scope of Work
- Identify financial due diligence and valuation criteria for established companies that Taawon might invest in tourism sector. In addition, include estimated time for the duration of the aforementioned services
- Perform due diligence on companies based on the identified criteria
- Provide an estimate for companies’ valuation based on the identified criteria
- Investments will take place in 2-3 rounds during 2017 and 2018
- Expected number of companies to conduct services on will be 5-8
- Due diligence and valuation criteria
- Due diligence and valuation report for identified companies at investment stage
- Identify any potential risks associated with each company
- Offer needs to be in USD plus VAT
- All invoices need to be official tax invoices
- Deadline: 1-6-2017 at 2pm
- One closed envelope containing separate closed envelopes for financial offer and technical offer
- Title: Social Tourism Program
- All pages signed and stamped
Al Nahda Building, Al Nahda Square, Canada St., Ramallah